Online Casino Guru Tips for Bigger Wins
No matter how good you are, it’s easy to get confused in the online gambling world. There is a plethora of websites, games, incentives and options. While that’s a good thing, it can be pretty overwhelming, too. So, it’s always smart to check out some online casino guru tips from experienced players.
Top online casino guru tips
You can’t expect to become a casino pro by reading a single online article. You’ll have to collect some experience and put the necessary effort (and money) to improve your chances. However, it’s good to follow some tips that all the online casino guru players have come to conclude at some point. If you’re smart, you’ll learn the lessons without paying for your inexperience.
Here are the top tips from pros in the online casino games that will help you increase your odds for bigger wins.
- Pick a game with an acceptable house edge. Every casino game out there comes with a different house edge. The higher it is, the lower your chances to win. For example, the number in European roulette is 2.70%, in blackjack it’s even lower, and in some video poker variations the casino barely has an edge at all.
- Never play a game that you’re not fully familiar with. The better you understand the rules and tricks, the more you’ll minimize the risk of loss. In games like blackjack and video poker, you make a lot of decisions that actually make a big difference at the end. There, it’s essential to learn where to hit, double, stand or what cards to keep.
- Always check the reputation of an online casino before you create an account and start putting your money there.
- Set betting limits and stick to them. A large part of gambling is money management. Successful players know that if they set limits, they avoid losing too much money. When you set a limit, you will become more careful in play as your money approaches the limit. And that often lead to gains. Players often get into trouble when they are careless when they bet.
Tips on Online Slots
- Try to skip the progressive slots, they have the worst house edge.
- Search for slots with bonuses in order to get the max out of the bankroll. You’ll have less time to play, but with more fun.
- Always play all the lines. Even when there’s less bet per line. It will increase your chances for winning smaller but more frequent amounts of money, and eventually trigger bonus rounds or jackpots.
- Check if there are slot tournaments. They usually provide chances for big wins for smaller wagers. Here you can easily buy in for less amount and play for any time limit before using the credits.
Tips on online poker
- Look for online casinos with a large player base, but join rooms with small number of players.
- Try to catch budget-friendly step tournaments. You’ll get multiple chances for winning big with minimum investment, at a cost of a single buy-in.
- Watch how other players bet and base some of your bets on theirs. It is very important to be aware of everything going on in the game. This way you can notice players with a shaky, or a totally terrible hand, and possibly use your bet to force them to fold.
- If you have a good hand, gradually increase your bet. This is a great way to draw more players in and increase your possible winnings.
- In case you’re a better player, go into a lower skill-level game. The bets are lower, but your long-term winnings can be greater.
- Another great way to increase winnings is to divide your skills among a lower level game and a higher-level game. The first can be a “safety net” while you gamble with more money in the higher skill games.
Tips on Bonuses and Promotions
- Read carefully about the terms of getting a bonus or any other incentive from an online casino. Most of them are fair and clean, but you should always know what you’re signing up to in the gambling world.
- Compare the terms and conditions for getting a bonus among various casinos. There’s an unwritten rule that says – the lower the rollover is, the better. If you can choose, I would recommend getting a gift. It’s better to wager the bonus than real money.
- Don’t let bonuses and other incentives be the ultimate reason for choosing a casino. There are many other more important factors which make a difference between good and not so good casino.
- Keep In mind that some casino bonuses have short duration. Check the time constraints and try to make the most of the bonus while you have it.
Tips on avoiding the game
Never, ever play an online casino game when you’re not in your best shape. While this should be a no-brainer, many people enter the games regardless of their condition. This is what separates them from the pros. An online casino guru knows very well that every little decision you make here might make or break you. Here are examples of situations in which you should avoid playing at all costs.
- You’ve been drinking. Remember how land based casinos offer free drinks for all players? Well, this is no coincidence. Aside from the fact that drinks keep people hanging around longer, they also make them hasty. Drunk players easily throw their money no matter the result, and leave the regret for the morning after. Pros don’t do this, and neither should you.
- You’ve lost your temper. In online gambling, every now and then, everyone hits bad streaks. When you are losing and you can’t do anything about it, accept the situation. Never chase loses. Don’t try to get out of them because it can easily lead to additional losses. And that’s a vicious circle from which you’ll find it hard to get out.
- You’re on fire. It’s easier to grasp the idea to stop when you’re losing, than to stop when you’re winning. But, the facts are that winning can have bad consequences, too. It makes you feel invincible and unable to lose. However, in the gambling world this can change in a heartbeat. Quit while the wins are big. Don’t fall into entrapment that they will build up to infinity. The casino will always play for itself, after all.
- You’re burnt out. If you are tired, and find yourself staying in with bad hands, you are probably suffering from “burn-out.” And casinos generally love players in this condition, because they are less alert and more likely to spend more money.
The casino gurus are always alert and think ahead. If you think ahead, and you’re honest with yourself about your current condition, you’ll surely have a positive experience in whatever online casino you choose.